Due to the conditions imposed by COVID-19 the Academy is scheduled to run according to plan with taught courses but exceptionally for this summer will also be offered ONLINE with synchronous elearning and with relevant adjustments to the program and a slightly reduced cost.
The Academy of European Public Law has been at the forefront of European public law teaching for over twenty years.
As the educational flagship of the European Public Law Organization (EPLO), the Academy enjoys a reputation as the primary destination for scholarship in public law within Europe’s dynamic setting.
The 2020 Curriculum
This summer’s study session will take place from August 24 to September 10, 2020.
INTENSIVE MODULES COURSE
- First session Week I Dates: 24-28 August, 2020
Dr. Nilay Arat & Dr. Asli Topukcu Associate Professors, Kadir Has University, Turkey: “The right to private and family life under the case law of ECtHR”
- Second session Week II Dates: 1 –September 8, 2020
Professor Gordon Anthony Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland: “The Law of the Public Interest”.
- Αikaterini Iliadou (Professor of Public Law at the Law School of the University of Athens): “Public interest and public intervention in the economy – the example of the energy sector”.
- Dr. Prodromos Tsiavos (Director of Intellectual Property Rights and Innovation Institute (IPR-i), Senior Legal and Policy Advisor, Athena Research and Innovation Centre, Head of Digital Policy and Development, Onassis Group): “Digital Policies in Europe: State of the Art and Challenges”.
- The 2020 Annual Reunion of the European Group of Public Law (EGPL) that was scheduled for 11-12 September 2020 will not take place because of the situation created by the uncertainty of the evolution of COVID-19. Extra lectures have been added to the program.
Find out more on: Tuition fees / Scholarships